The ALS Association Jim "Catfish" Hunter Chapter
Our Chapter empowers People with Lou Gehrig's disease and their families by offering a wide variety of programs and services. Our services are often changing and expanding as we grow so please check back often to make sure you are taking advantage of everything we have to offer.
Our staff is available Monday through Friday to answer any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail us for more information.
Adaptation & Equipment Program
The Adaptation and Equipment Program operated by the Catfish Chapter houses limited durable medical equipment that is normally not covered by insurance. If other resources have been exhausted and equipment is available the Chapter may be able to loan the needed equipment to assist PALS in daily living needs. If and when the equipment is no longer needed, it can be returned to the Chapter for use by other PALS.
- Examples of the type of equipment in our inventory.
- To donate possible items to our inventory click here to see what we accept.
- Please contact our Care Services Administrative Coordinator for equipment questions or requests.
Catfish Chapter Quarterly Grant
The "Catfish" Chapter Grant Program assists families with expenses that are not traditionally covered by insurance such as Medicare, Medicaid and other assistance programs. It will cover, but is not limited to, home assistance (respite), travel costs related to ALS, home modications, auto modifications, computer access, communication devices, environmental controls and generators for invasive or non-invasive breathing assistance. Recipients may apply for and receive four grants per year for $625 each. Grants will be awarded quarterly on a first come first served basis and based on available funds. First time applicants will be given priority.
Forms After Grant Approval (Existing Grant Recipients Only):
- Download the Billing Statement for Reimbursement Do not download until you have been approved for a "Catfish" Chapter Quarterly Grant. This form must be completed and submitted for any reimbursements to be processed.
- Download the Grant Service Receipt Do not download until you have been approved for a "Catfish" Chapter Quarterly Grant. This is a generic receipt that service providers can complete.
- Download the Transportation Mileage Log this form is used to submit reimbursments for travel expenses.
- For questions please contact our Care Services Administrative Coordinator